Home > Malaysia > Malaysia Visa- Dependent Visa

Malaysia Visa- Dependent Visa

I applied for dependent visa for my wife and kids. To do that, I needed to have my employment pass approved first. Once approved, dependent visa process was initiated. Even after submitting photo copies of marriage certificate and birth certificates of my kids, the authorities wanted to see the originals (which were in India). My wife couriered the same to me. The officials just had a glance and returned the originals.

Stage -1

1. Passport – 36 pages copy
• Passport validity must be at least 6 months with 6 consecutive empty pages. If either of these requirements is not met, please renew passport before applying.
• Photocopy of all 36 pages of the passport must be submitted
2. Marriage Cert (copy)
• If in local language then translation in English and notary is required.
• To be submitted along with notary copy and original certificate.
• CTC / Attestation by the Ministry of Foreign Affair is a MUST.
3. Child – birth Cert (copy) – attested by Hi Com (if the employee is in Msia)
• If in local language then translation in English and notary is required.
• To be submitted along with notary copy and original certificate.
• CTC / Attestation by the Ministry of Foreign Affair is a MUST.
4. Passport Size Photos – 3 (for each dependent)
5. DP11A (Office will prepare)
6. Company Cover Letter
7. Processing Fee for MDeC – MYR 50.00

Once these were submitted, sealed letter was issued by MDeC to consulate general of Malaysia, Mumbai, India. I couriered the same to my wife and she went to submit the docs at VFS global office.

Here are the list of documents that were required.

1. Principal’s(my) covering letter to Consulate General of Malaysia, Mumbai India.
2. Employment Pass of Principal(I)
3. My Passport photo copy
4. Individual passports of my wife and kids
5. Visa Application form duly signed

Each application was charged 1500 INR and was delivered within 3 days at our place in Mumbai, India.

I went back home and we all flew in together to Malaysia and I submitted their passports of Stage-2 processing. But to my surprise, I was asked to do the attestation of marriage certificate and birth certificates of kids by consulate general of India, KL, Malaysia. Here, also all non consular activities are taken care by VFS Global.

They only take applications from 9:30 Am to 1:30 PM from Monday to Friday. I drove from Cyberjaya to KL. It’s almost 35 kms. Because of the nice roads, I reached there within 40 mins. It’s on the 15th floor of WISMA MCA building(next to Petronas Tower). There was a huge crowd, took the ticket(coupon) and went inside. Do remember to take your wife or parents, if you are going for any attestation involving their documents. They are required to be present in person. Presence of kids are not mandatory. Each application costed me MYR 50.50. Here, if you want to get the docs couriered, each one will be charged MYR 35. Hence, I decided to collect these on my own. I was informed that the attestation would be done within 3-4 working days and I would be informed via SMS. I did not receive any SMS after 3 days. Hence, I called up the customer care and found that documents had already come. For more information about fees about other consular services, kindly click here

I went to the VFS office the next day and collected the attested docs. Generally the collection time is from 3 PM to 5 PM.

Once the attested documents were submitted along with my passport and employment pass, the dependent visas were processed within 2 hours.

Let me know if you need any further information or help.

  1. anu biyani
    June 8, 2012 at 5:02 pm

    Could you please tell more about the attestation of marriage certficate. Our marriage certificate is issue from kanpur and we are in delhi. How do we go about the attestation?

    • June 9, 2012 at 1:31 pm

      Hello Anu,

      My post was about how to get dependent visa done to live in Malaysia and for that matter one needs to get marriage certificate attested. If you are in Delhi, you can get it attested by any Gazetted officer or contact any lawyer, who can get the attestation done with minimum spending.


  2. June 19, 2012 at 9:26 pm

    Hello Mr. Dutta,

    I also want to apply for dependent visa. Could you pls tell me in approximately how many days can i get the dependent visa after post application? Is attestation of marriage certificate mandatory here in Malaysia or can i get it done from Indian also?

    Pls advise

    • June 20, 2012 at 12:21 pm

      Hello Ejaz,

      Dependent Visa has 2 stages. Once you send the embassy approval letter to ur dependent, she can use the same and other docs to apply for single entry visa as part of stage 1. This takes 2 days to get. Once she flies to Malaysia, you have to initiate stage 2, for which you need to get your marriage certificate attested at VFS global office, KL. I was told that one needs to get it attested here in Malaysia only. Once you submit the req docs, you should get dependent visa stamped PP within 1 week. BTW, stage 2, you need to get processed within 1 month of arrival of your wife in Malaysia.


  3. Shravan Kumar P
    September 13, 2012 at 2:32 pm

    I come from india to malaysia on employment pass and i need to bring my wife to malaysia.
    I want to know the process for the Dependent Visa and the exact charges. What need to be done in Stage:1 and Stage:2. I am little bit confused with the above quote’s. Can anyone help me out in this process.
    Thanks in Advance. My mail id: shravankumar24@gmail.com

    • September 17, 2012 at 10:41 am


      This is not that difficult as it sounds. Dependent visa process and fees are exactly same as your work visa process and fee.

      Stage -1:- this would involve your wife to apply for single entry visa to come as a dependent like you had done while coming to malaysia for your work for the first time. Once she is in Malaysia, you have to apply for stage 2 within 1 month of her arrival. You have to submit her passport and other required docs at the immigration office to get her PP stamped for dependent pass and multiple entry for the duration. I think they have recently increased the price. You can check with your HR once. It should cost somewhere around 1000 MYR.

      Hope this addresses your concern.

  4. September 15, 2012 at 4:14 pm

    My hubby had got transfer to malaysia. His company had submitted for work visa and dependant visa this week. We have sent documents for work visa and marriage certificate notorised and also our photographs via email. How many days it ll take to get both work and dependant visa..can we both enter malaysia together
    pls advise
    thanks in advance

  5. September 15, 2012 at 4:32 pm

    My hubby had been transferred to malaysia. The company is arranging his work visa and dependant visa for me in malaysia. We had send our passport copies,our photographs marriage certificate attessted via email.

    Approximately how many days it ll take to get both work and dependant visa.

    Can we both enter malaysia together after getting the visas.
    pls advise
    thanks in advance

    • September 17, 2012 at 10:38 am

      Hello Smitha,

      Your husband must have gone through the stage -2 of his work visa, i.e. getting Employment Pass stamped on his Passport. Once this is done, he can apply for your dependent visa. The immigration office is going to ask the original marriage certificate to cross check. Once they are satisfied, they will send one letter addressed to malaysia high commission in mumbai or your respective city of application. Your husband has to send that letter to you. You can take that letter and other required docs and apply at VFS global office for single entry visa to Malaysia. Then you can come to Malaysia and have to apply for stage -2 within 1 month. Stag-2 involves the process of getting your passport stamped of the equal period of stay as your husband’s. This will take maximum 2 weeks to be done. Hence, once you reach Malaysia , you should submit your passport for stage -2 within 1st week only.

      Work Visa stage -1:- VFS global will take 3 days to process once they have required docs.

      Work Visa Stage -2:- Your husband will get his PP stamped. This will take maximum 2 weeks.

      Dependent Visa Stage -1: same as work visa stage 1

      Dependent Visa Stage -2: Same as work visa stage 2

      So, the day your husband flied to Malaysia, it will take atleast a month for you to travel. After getting visa, you can travel to and fro from Malaysia as many times as you want.

      Hope this addresses your question.


  6. September 17, 2012 at 9:08 am

    Reblogged this on Skasmitha's Blog.

  7. September 26, 2012 at 9:38 am

    I’m not that much of a internet reader to be honest
    but your blogs really nice, keep it up! I’ll go ahead and bookmark your site to come back later. All the best

    • debaduttanayak
      October 14, 2012 at 9:26 pm


  8. maryam
    October 6, 2012 at 2:33 am

    how can i apply for dependent visa for my child age 2.5 and mother as i am single mother and studying here in malaysia.please do reply me thanks…

    • October 14, 2012 at 9:51 pm

      Hello Maryam,

      You have to provide an invitation letter for your child addressing to the respective malaysia consulate signed by you. Mention the kid’s Passport number in the letter. Apart from that, you have to follow the process mentioned in the main blog post. Once your baby is in Malaysia, then you have to go through the stage 2 on your own. All the best.

  9. maryam
    October 8, 2012 at 1:44 am

    please kindly reply me

  10. maryam
    October 8, 2012 at 1:48 am

    as i am single mother,and desperately want to take my child along with me…please guide me,what should i do

    • October 14, 2012 at 9:52 pm

      I have already replied. By the way, your student visa is valid for how many years? You can also contact your admin department of the college to provide required documentation help.

      • maryam
        October 15, 2012 at 1:23 am

        my visa is valid for 2 n half years ,will start from jan 2013

      • debaduttanayak
        October 16, 2012 at 3:15 pm

        Then shouldnt be an issue. Just check with admin department of your university.

  11. arvind
    October 14, 2012 at 12:16 pm

    hi i got a job in medical sector in malaysia..iam travelling in january 2013..i heard medical clearance is required to get a work permit visa in malaysia like UAE countries..they check for HIV ,Hepatitis,TB,Malaria and veneral diseases..SO I NEED TO KNOW WETHER IT IS TRUE ,DO THEY HAVE TO UNDERGO MEDICAL CLEARANCE FOR VISA PROCESSING..??

    iam asking this because my wife is a chronic Hepatitis B carrier ..she is also a doctor..if she need to apply for non practising jobs (TEACHING)does she has to undergo medical clearance…

    i also need to know wether even for dependant visa this medical clearance is required or only for those for applying for work permit..

    please do help me with ur guidance..thanks in advance..

    • October 14, 2012 at 10:04 pm

      Hello Arvind,

      First of congratulations on your new job. I am not sure, if medical check up is required as you will be joining in medical sector. But I didnt go through any medical clearance to apply for employment pass, neither my family members for dependent visa. For temporary work visa, you may have to go though medical check up as mentioned here http://vfsglobal.com/malaysia/india/wrf.html

      Your wife can come on dependent visa and apply for jobs here. Once she gets a job, her employer can convert the dependent visa to work visa. That will be valid for exact same period as of your own work visa.

      Anyway, I dont think either of you have to go through medical check up unless your employer has specifically asked you to go through it.

      Take care.

  12. Benny
    October 15, 2012 at 12:05 am

    Hello Mr. Dutta,
    My wife got a job in malaysia, with RM 3000, I would like to know can she apply for dependent visa for me and kid, (can she sponsor both of us with this salary). Also she received a copy of single entry visa and an envelope addressed to Malaysian Embassy, Chennai to process the Single Entry Visa. How to go about?, also is there any fee for process.

    • debaduttanayak
      October 16, 2012 at 3:18 pm

      She can come on single entry visa to Malaysia. Then, she has to file 2nd stage of visa procedure, wherein she would get the stamped employment pass(EP) with multiple entry. Once she gets the EP, she can file for dependent visa. She needs to show your original marriage certificate and birth certificate of the baby at the immigration department. Apart from that, photo copy of these two documents need to be attested by indian high commission at KL via VFS global office. She has to do that when she will be here. You and your kid will also get similar single entry visa as dependent visas and once you are here, can apply for stage -2

  13. Benny
    October 16, 2012 at 9:59 am

    My wife got a job offer with RM 3000 and last week she received single entry visa copy with a envelope addressed to Malaysian consulate, Chennai. 1) I would like to know can she sponsor me and our baby with that salary (is there any minimum salary for applying for dependent visa). 2) to get the single entry visa from consulate should we pay any fee. 3) What is the procedure in Malaysian consulate, Chennai.

    • debaduttanayak
      October 16, 2012 at 3:12 pm

      Hello Benny,

      Congrats to your wife!

      1. Yes, she can file for dependent visa for you and your kid.
      2. Yes, the fee is same as any other visa. It will be around 1000 Rs.
      3. Its exactly the same as mentioned by me in the blog post.

  14. GY
    November 2, 2012 at 3:41 pm

    Is that possible to get the dependent visa without including any agent? I am from Pakistan, what would be the total cost for 1 dependent?

    • November 4, 2012 at 10:53 am

      Yes, you can. Ask your office HR to help you out. Orelse, you have to go to immigration office to submit form. Cost will be around 1000 MYR.

  15. Dechen
    December 15, 2012 at 11:22 pm

    HI MR.Dutta, I am from Bhutan. My husband is studying in a university in Malaysia, Can me and my 7 months daughter apply for Dependent VISA? and I also wish to work there. What would be the process in our case to apply for Dependent VISA and Work permit if we are allowed to do so?
    Thanks, Dechen

    • December 19, 2012 at 9:01 pm

      Dear Dechen,

      Yes, you can apply for dependent visa. You would need the following documents

      A copy of student’s passport
      A copy of student’s VISA / Student Pass
      2 passport-sized photographs (for each dependents)
      A copy of dependent passport
      A copy of marriage certificate (for spouse )
      A copy of birth certificate (for children )

      Still, ask your husband to check with his university admin once, what kind of help they can provide. Once you are here with dependent pass(DP), you can look for jobs. If any company hires you, they can convert your DP to Employment Pass(EP).

  16. Nitin
    February 27, 2013 at 11:55 am

    Dear Mr. Dutta,

    I got EP and also I got my marriage certificate attested. Can you please tell me what is the next step to get spouse visa stamped. What documents required next and where should I submit them. Should my wife need to be present at the time of stamping


    • February 27, 2013 at 12:51 pm

      You need to either ask your HR or you can go on your own to the immigration office in Putrajaya, get the letter issued on your wife’s name submitting the attested marriage certificate and copy of your EP. They would require your PP and Original MC to verify. Then, the process is exactly like the same that you have gone through to get your EP.

      Btw, my first name is Debadutta and Surname is Nayak :) ( You can address me as Deb or Debadutta)


  17. risheeta
    June 4, 2013 at 8:33 pm

    Hi Mr.Dutta,

    My husband is flying to malaysia in the mnth of july… he has been provided accomodation for a mnth by th eemployer post which he will be aranging for a rented house so that i can stay along with him after a couple of months. His office is in cyberjaya… according to you what would be the best place to stay and in a reasonable rent. Would be great if you could update me on the rent and also on rented houses…..wht would the cost of living be there. would 9000-10000RM be fyn for both of us ? and do you thnk we can have a good saving too in this salary…..

  18. Mukesh
    June 11, 2013 at 9:58 am

    Dear Deb,

    Many thanks for the information you are providing here.

    I have recently come to Malaysia and in the process of getting my Stage 2 (Work Permit) stamped on my Passport. It may be done this week. Now I have to apply for dependent Visas for my wife and 2 kids. While I have birth certificates of my kids in English, my marriage certificate is in Local Language in India (Marathi). Mow my question is;

    1. Where do I get marriage certificate translated in Malaysia (I am already here and I have the original certificate with me)
    2. After translation, do I have to get the translated copy attested from Indian embassy (VFS)?
    3. Do I have to get birth certificates of my kids (I have original here) attested again here in Embassy (VFS)?

    Do all these documents are needed during Stage 1 application for my dependents?

    Your reply will be mighty helpful.

    Thanks ahead.

  19. karishma
    June 25, 2013 at 12:36 am

    i would like to know on the renewal rules for dependant visa. If my husband’s employment pass is getting renewed, obviously my old dependant visa doesn’t hold valid. Until he gets his new employment pass i Cant apply for dependant visa. My query is, Will i have to return back to India during this process as my old visa Will not hold valid?

  20. Aditya
    July 3, 2013 at 6:25 pm

    Hi Debadutta

    Thank you so much for helping us out. How much time does MSC takes to issue letter which is supposed to be submitted at the VFS in India? And what if I don’t have a marriage certificate?? Any Idea?

  21. kamrul Hasan
    July 10, 2013 at 4:40 pm


    My child is about 3 years old. If she gets admitted in KL, in that case whether parents can get dependent visa or not to stay with my child in KL?

    Pls help me to get to know this.

  22. monali
    July 12, 2013 at 10:53 pm

    Dear debu
    Hi… thanks for info.
    How many days required by the immigration dept. (MDeC) to issue sealed letter to consulate general of Malaysia, Mumbai, India. or to the applicant of dependent

  23. Manu
    July 30, 2013 at 6:20 pm

    hello dear
    i have recently received job offer letter from Malaysian university. As a document requirement for dependent visa for my wife and child i need to get these copies certified by notary public and endorsed by Malaysian high commission in Chennai or New Delhi. please let me know following things:
    Is there any forms/documents to be filled for that?
    Certificates are in English. It is necessary to to notary?
    How long will it take to get done?

    Since i want to take my family together hence which stage of dependent visa will be followed?

    Your prompt reply will be highly appreciated.
    Thanks in Anticipation.

  24. August 1, 2013 at 11:51 am

    an Apostille can be obtained on marriage certificate for certain countries for family visa purposes it can be done on every certificate http://attestationofmarriagecertificate.com/apostille-for-marriage-certificates/

  25. Siva
    August 12, 2013 at 2:14 pm

    Hi Deb,

    Could you please clear my below concerns.

    1. I have only 3 months visa validity does I applicable for DP for my wife?
    2. if yes where can I attest my marriage certificate should be in MEA or any notary is enough?

  26. dipa sarkar
    August 21, 2013 at 4:21 pm

    Myself Dipa Sarkar,
    i m from India,my husband works in Malaysia.i went to Malaysia to meet my husband by tourist visa,my tourist visa was for 3month( multiple)in which i could stay in Malaysia for a month and come back after a month and again can go back,through this way i could have stayed in Malaysia for 3months, but instead of doing that,i stayed in Malaysia for 1month and within the same month i went to butter worth immigration office and increased my visa for again 1month by paying 100RM.after staying 2months i came back to India and again applied to tourist visa but here comes my problem,my tourist visa was rejected and it was said to me that when i increased my visa i increased by saying that i have a depend-er in Malaysia so for that reason i will never get tourist visa for Malaysia,they said that they will give me dependent visa, so for getting dependent visa i gave my husbands all the documents but beside this they ask me to give MSC or BDR,which my husband is unable to give,will you please say any procedure to get this type of document to get dependent visa.

  27. Prasad
    August 27, 2013 at 6:36 pm

    hiii debu
    please tell me whether that sealed letter issue by ambassy or by immigration off in malaysia. and how many days required to get that letter???

  28. Prasad
    August 28, 2013 at 11:55 am

    hiii deb u
    please would you tell me generally how many days does MDeC take to issue that sealed letter for dependent (my wife)???

  29. September 5, 2013 at 10:35 am

    This blog was… how do I say it? Relevant!! Finally I’ve found
    something which helped me. Cheers!

  30. Srikanth
    September 12, 2013 at 11:37 am

    Hi Dutta,

    Iam working in Malaysia since May 2013.
    My company which is based out of India, initiated dependent visa processing for my wife and kid.

    Once they reach Malaysia, is it mandatory that, they should apply for multiple entry visa?

    For howmany days they can stay without applying for multiple entry visa?

    Can they return to india with in 3 weeks of time, without applying for multiple entry visa?

    What will happen if they won’t apply for multiple entry visa?


  31. Amol
    September 19, 2013 at 1:01 pm

    One need to attest his marriage certificate translation In English to be attested by Ministry of external affairs in India. They have offices at three places-Delhi, Hyderabad and chennai. It is a must now a days hence, dont trust on only notarization. Call VFS for any clarification.

  32. Harpreet Singh
    October 3, 2013 at 12:35 pm

    Hi , My wife got an Assignment in Malaysia from her company which is in India. They are providing me dependent Visa.
    My question is Can she sponsor me from india itself or firstly she has to go to Malaysia than she can sponsor me ???

  33. Krishna
    October 29, 2013 at 12:23 pm

    Hi Deb,

    I am from Hyderabad and I have been workings as an engineer since 2010. For every 2 years my company renewal my employment pass. My Employment Visa valid until April 2014. I am planning to extend my tenure for 2 more years.

    I am planning to bring my wife next month as she already finished her studied this month. (she already has Visit Visa valid until Feb 2014). Once she arrives here, I follow the procedure that you mentioned to get her dependent visa.

    Now my question is I have Employment Visa valid until April 2014.in this case will the immigration issue dependent visa to my wife immediately or I have to wait until my employment pass renewal? Please advice.

    thank you.

  34. susheel kumar
    November 7, 2013 at 9:42 am

    hi sir my name is susheel kumar, acctually i have a e-pass to malaysia, i want to apply dependent visa to my wife but one of my friend said rules has been changed for the dependent visa, husband name is mandatory in wife passport, but my wife took her passport before marriage, so please can you let me now that the rules are changed or not, is it mandatory to change the name or else i can apply for the dependent wife with out changing there will be any problem.
    thank you.

  35. saveer
    November 8, 2013 at 7:18 pm

    Hi Mr.Dutta,

    I got my single entry visa to both myself and wife.
    And now my stage 2 process was inprogress. But actually my was stil in india only.
    The issue here is in our marriage certificate i found that one letter wrongly printed that is my wifes sirname. And both mine and dependant passports having both the names as spouses.
    So for my wife stage 2 approval will it make any issue with a letter mistake in the marriage certificate for Dependant pass

  36. November 13, 2013 at 11:04 pm

    dear please guide me how single entry visa converted into spouse visa after coming malysia or it can be applied before coming there?how much conversion fees?my husband is student of phd in malyasia.

  37. Mahesh Reddy
    December 1, 2013 at 9:35 pm

    Hi Deb

    The stage 1 process of my Employment pass and my wife’s Dependant pass is completed. Here my question is whether there is any need for the spouse name to be present on my passport when I apply for stage2 ? Anyway we got a registered marriage certificate. My wife and I applied passports before marriage so there are no spouse names in any of the passports.
    The problem is If I apply for a passport to display the spouse name they are issuing a new passport number, but my single entry visa will be on my old passport. Please suggest me on this issue.

    • March 24, 2014 at 1:49 pm

      Hello Mahesh,

      Hope your issue is resolved. Sorry for replying late.

  38. Ravindran Pillai
    December 24, 2013 at 10:38 am

    Dear Sir,
    I am from India, now staying in Malaysia special entry visa, my employment visa is on process, My special entry visa is going to expire on 30/12/2013. Can I over stay until to receive the Empoyment visa

    • March 24, 2014 at 1:48 pm

      Hope you have renewed or come back. Dont overstay when visa is expired, orelse, you will be deported back.

  39. Varun Madan
    January 11, 2014 at 2:27 pm

    Hi Deb,

    Its really good to see how clearly you have put this post together explaining things in a transparent manner. I just relocated to KL. Got my iPass and EP stamp on passport as well.

    But now, I need to apply for dependant visa for my wife. And its coming down to the attestation of marriage certificate(MC). The certificate is in English, so thats one problem solved. But do we need to get the MC attested only by Ministry of External Affairs(MEA) or do we need to get it stamped by Malaysia Embassy also for dependant pass application ?

    Varun Madan

    • March 24, 2014 at 1:47 pm

      Hello Varun,

      Sorry to reply so late. The MC needs to be attested at Indian embassy in Malaysia(VFS , KL)


      • Varun Madan
        March 24, 2014 at 2:35 pm

        Hi Deb,

        Thanks for your reply. My wife is already here. I got her here on standard tourist visa and then we applied for her dependant pass which we got within a week. For dependant pass application, the immigration needed either:
        1. MC attested by Malaysia Embassy in India OR
        2. MC attested by Indian Embassy(VFS) in Malaysia.

        However, would you by any chance also know someone who can help me with queries regarding conversion of dependant to employment pass ? My wife is looking for a job in IT Project Management here and we are curious about how the process and legal requirements are, for a dependant in terms of hiring.

      • March 24, 2014 at 2:42 pm


        She can apply for jobs there. Once she gets a job, her dependent visa can be converted to work visa with similar duration of yours unless her company wants to apply a separate EP.

        My wife had done the same thing.

  40. kamal teja
    January 11, 2014 at 10:09 pm

    hi mr. debdutta,

    iam kamalteja from india. i applied for dependant visa to malaysia in september 2013 but i did not get visa or any information. its been 5months since i applied. plz tell me why it is delaying. thank u

    • March 24, 2014 at 1:46 pm

      Check with your company or the agent who is taking care of the Visa. Orelse, call up VFS global, tell the application number to know the reason.

  41. February 4, 2014 at 11:26 am

    I don’t even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was good.
    I do not know who you are but certainly you are going to a
    famous blogger if you aren’t already ;) Cheers!

  42. Nimesh
    February 7, 2014 at 8:43 am

    Great work Mr deb

  43. jyotsna devi
    March 5, 2014 at 7:30 pm

    Hi Deb,

    I got an EP to malaysia and my husband has a business visa for a period of one year. Can I take my kids(3yrs & 2yrs) along with me when I travel for the first time
    One more information I need is my husband wants to open a small software firm in Malaysia. For this can he start a new business by having a dependent pass(as I have a EP) or is there any other procedure for this?

    Please advise.


    • March 24, 2014 at 1:00 pm

      Hello Jyotsna,

      Your kids can travel under social visa for the 1st time and later on you can apply for dependent visa. Or apply for dependent visa for them from day 1.

      Your husband cant start a company there on his own. He needs to have a local director to set up any pvt ltd(Sdn Bhd) company.

      Enjoy your life there.


  44. svssvsmca@gmailcom
    March 6, 2014 at 7:50 am

    Howmany days take processing on Malaysia Dependent visa. please let me know anyone. thanks.

  45. Amlan
    March 6, 2014 at 11:50 am

    Hi Deb

    I am relocating to Malaysia On 2nd April 2014, I got Single entry for employment pass issue stamped in my passport and also Single entry for dependent pass issue fro my wife. We are flying together, I want to know that for stage 2 dependent visa, can i get the marriage certificate attested at VFS global in KL? or i have to get it attested in India Itself.



    • March 24, 2014 at 12:58 pm

      Hello Amlan,


      Take one attested copy from here. Anyway, they would need the attestation there i.e. VFS, KL.

      Enjoy your stay.


  46. svssvsmca@gmail.com
    March 6, 2014 at 3:54 pm

    how many days it ll take to get depentent visa for spouse

  47. March 22, 2014 at 12:17 am

    What’s Happening i’m new to this, I stumbled upon this I’ve found
    It positively helpful and it has aided me out loads.
    I am hoping to contribute & assist different customers like its
    helped me. Great job.

  48. April 2, 2014 at 4:28 pm

    what is VDR letter? I want to apply for dependant visa for Malaysia in VFS Global. My husband got approval letter from his office but apart from that VFS Global executive told me, they require VDR letter also from Malaysian Embassy. What is VDR letter n how do my husband apply for it? Kindly help us out…..

    • April 3, 2014 at 10:19 am

      VDR refers to Visa with Reference. Your husband needs to request for a Reference letter from MDeC. His office HR or office immigration team should get him that. You can know more about it here

    • Mukesh
      April 3, 2014 at 11:20 am

      Hello Smita,

      If your husband is already in Malaysia and having work permit then he can apply for VDR letter from Immigration office in Putrajaya. He has to get VDR Letter for all dependents (spouse, kids if any). The process is very easy (his HR should be able to help him) and he can get the VDR Letter (in a sealed envelope) which he will send to you. You can then apply for your dependent visa in India and submit this sealed envelope to VFS and you should have your visa in 3 days.

      Once you come to Malaysia then his HR have to just present your passport to Immigration office once again with the copy of VDR letter (which company will get) and your final, multiple entry dependent pass will be stamped in a matter of few hours and you will also get your I-Pass on the same day.

      Hope this helps.

  49. prachi
    April 4, 2014 at 4:37 pm


    I am having a query about the attestation by high com MY for Dp. My marriage cert n my childs birth cert both r attested by Notery and Ministry of External Affairs, India. Now my husbands employer from MY wants both of them to b attested by High Com MY. So should it be done here in India itself or is it ok if done at MY in case it is required for Dp stage2?

    • April 4, 2014 at 5:41 pm

      Hello Prachi,

      If your husband’s employer is asking for attestation to be done from Indian high commission in Malaysia,then get it done there. I had done the attestation of my marriage cert in KL, MY.

      • prachi
        April 4, 2014 at 9:33 pm

        Actually they have not specified from where it has to b done. They juz asked to do it. And our visa approval letter has been issued already. So I juz wanted to know whether it is required while submitting the application to Vfs Global guys or is it required for dependent pass stage 2. Do u ve ne slight idea?

      • April 7, 2014 at 12:20 pm

        Its not needed at VFS global. You should do it in KL. You can check the required documents, charges and time taken to get the documents here :


        Hope this helps.

      • prachi
        April 4, 2014 at 9:37 pm

        And thanks a lot for spending ur precious time to reply me! :)

  50. Jyotsna
    June 24, 2014 at 9:25 am

    Hi Deb,

    I have a employment visa which is in stage 2 processing now.

    My husband has a social visit visa till Nov end and now he got dependent visa approved. But he couldn’t submit his passport for attestation in india. We are in malaysia now and can he get the attestation done here for stage 1. Can you please tell us if it’s possible and the procedure to do the same

    Thanks a lot.


  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s


Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 347 other followers

%d bloggers like this: